Information on Re-opening
We are delighted to welcome our valued guests back to the Martinstown House and we would like to assure you that we are taking the necessary precautions to keep our guests and team safe during Covid-19.
Prior to your stay with us please take the time to read over the following information to ensure you are aware of our current practices to ensure everyone’s
Safety and wellbeing:
Before you arrive:
- We will contact you to confirm the details of your reservation and get your expected arrival time.
- In line with government guidelines there are some changes to the way we service your bedroom during your stay.
- Guest information folders, magazines and information booklets have been removed from your bedroom.
- Spare blankets and pillows are provided only on request so please let us know if they’re required and we will have them left in your room for your arrival.
- We offer contactless payment by email or SMS (text). Please let us know prior to arrival if you would like to set this up and we will arrange. We are also happy to email you a copy of your invoice.
When you arrive:
- Please use hand sanitiser provided on entry to the house.
- Unfortunately our valet service will not be available until further notice, in line with government guidelines.
- If you would like us to take your luggage to your bedroom we assume your permission to disinfect the handles of your bags and we will take every possible care not to damage the material.
- Please observe physical distancing with other guests when checking in. One person per room should come to the desk to check in and please follow the floor markers if there is a queue.
- If you are not using contactless payment we will require you to provide your credit card or cash payment on arrival. Pens will be sanitised after each guest use.
- Front Desk staff will sanitise their hands after each guest check-in. If they are handling cash they will be required to wear disposable gloves.
During your stay:
- Hand sanitisers will be available at all entrance/ exits to the hotel and
- throughout the hotel.
- Touchless payment and emailed invoices will be encouraged.
- Social distancing markers will be visible on all floors.
- Only guests of the same family may use the stairs together
- Furniture will be rearranged to allow for adequate social distancing.
- Government guidelines for cleaning and sanitising guests rooms will be adhered to. Frequently touched areas will be thoroughly disinfected (ie: handles, taps etc).
- If you would like your room serviced during your stay please contact the Front Desk to arrange, we will not service your room during your stay unless you request it.
- We will provide bottled water, tea/ coffee refills and toiletries for your stay on arrival. If you would like fresh towels please leave used towels in bag provided and contact Front Desk to arrange for collection.
- Bed linen and towels are handled with extreme care. Linen is bagged, sealed and removed for laundering in line with government guidelines by a professional linen supply company.
- Bed throws and cushions have been removed from your bedroom for hygiene reasons.
- In room glasses and crockery will be machine washed.
- In-room bins are disinfected with appropriate chemicals.
- We have provided spare bin liners for bathroom bin and bedrooms bin and please contact Front Desk to arrange for collection. Bins have been pre-lined with extra bin liners for your convenience.
- Dining tables will be adequately spaced apart and the number of diners will be reduced in line with safety protocols.
- Tables will be sanitised after each individual sitting.
Back of House
- All staff have been trained on protective measures against COVID-19 and the signs and symptoms of the disease, hand and respiratory hygiene and physical distancing measures.
- Prominent signage and hand sanitiser dispensers are located throughout the service areas and background areas of the hotel.
- Cleaning and disinfection regimes are in place in all departments of the house with extra care given to high contact/ touch surfaces such as door handles and handrails, lift buttons, table tops, work equipment etc.
- We are strictly following the guidelines in relation to employee health and dealing with a suspected case of Covid-19.
- Food Safety/ HACCP* – we continue to observe the strictest good hygiene practice across all areas of food preparation for our restaurant and bar. *Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point.
- Suppliers to the house must follow the necessary protocols in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
- Kitchens and food preparation areas continue to be regularly sanitised with extra care given to high touch areas.
- Hand washing at regular timed intervals, in line with government guidelines, will be practiced by all back of house staff.
- All kitchen team members wear disposable masks, gloves, hairnets and other safety equipment as dictated by HACCP based protocols. All items are sanitised with appropriate cleaning chemicals and replaced where and when necessary.
If you require any further information or would like to discuss any aspect of your upcoming stay please feel free to contact us directly.